If you want to quickly create a new doc, spreadsheet, presentation, or drawing, add the following links to your browser’s bookmark bar:
With Chrome’s latest update, it’s now easier to control audio and video in your browser. Just click the icon in the top right corner of Chrome on the desktop, open the new media hub and manage what’s playing from there.
- All PDF documents and scanned text images can be converted to editable format when you right click and “open with” Google Docs.
- Search for any word in documents and even in text images by searching for the word in the search bar.
- Shift+Z creates an instant shortcut for any folder or file so you can put it in two different locations at the same time; that way you don’t lose duplicate file space. PS: If you delete one, you delete both.
- Set an expiration date to any shared-by-email material by hovering over the region of the editing pen in the share options, a timer icon will appear with which you can set a date for the shared folder or shared file to expire.
Tell Google Assistant:
- “Cancel my Google Play apps order”
- I want a Google Play refund.
- I need a refund from Google Play.
- How do I get a refund from Google Play
- I paid for an app, but I want a refund.
A couple of questions will follow and boom! Done!
You probably have a few dozen duplicate files, chiefly MP3 and photos in the Google Drive. This https://softgateon.herokuapp.com/drivecleaner/ is a handy tool that scans selected directories and finds any duplicate files inside them. The app works with all sorts of files and can also be configured to scan sub-folders within a given directory. It supports IE10+, Chrome, Firefox… even provides a connection with Google Drive. You can directly scan duplicate files with your drive.
For Chrome users, here is it as a Chrome extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/duplicate-file-finder-cle/bkefnddmfngncidpmibnleniddiopejg
Here is a list of tips by the Chronicle that will surely help you “Gmail“!
How to add a label
2. Mark a colleague
3. Un-sending feature
4. Different email addresses
10. Payments and subscriptions
- Visit your Google account at http://myaccount.google.com and PAUSE all your Activity Recording via PRIVACY and PERSONALIZATION.
- Then go to SECURE ACCOUNT and Revoke Access to all those ThirdParty Applications that you don’t use anymore.
How To Restart Chrome or any Chromium-Based Browsers Without Losing Open Tabs
If you Copy-Paste chrome://restart in the browser’s address bar, it will instantly restart your browser without losing running tabs or windows.
But the fastest way to restart the browser with a single click is to use the internal command as well as the bookmark bar.
1. Right-click on the Bookmarks bar and select “Add page…” from the drop-down menu and select the Bookmarks Bar as the folder to save your button in.
2. After you select “Bookmarks Bar” in the menu, give any name for the bookmark and type chrome://restart in the URL field.
Click on the “Save” button to create the bookmark.
3. Now you just have to click the bookmark to restart your browser.
Toggle Ctrl+Shift+o (on Windows and Linux) or ⌘ + Option + B (on Mac) to make the Bookmark bar visible; then find the currently-created bookmark by name, and then just drag and drop it into the Bookmark bar.
Did you know you can record your screen with YouTube without requiring any desktop software? All you need is a YouTube account and a web browser.
Step 1: Sign-in to YouTube with your Google Account, click the Upload button in the upper left corner and choose Events under Live Streaming. If you never done this before, YouTube make require you to verify your phone number to enable streaming.
Step 2: You are on the Create Event page. Give your screencast video a title, set the privacy of the video to either Unlisted or Private and click the “Go Live Now” button.
Step 3: This will open the Hangouts on Air page. You can click the camera icon to turn off webcam recording. Similarly you can toggle the microphone icon if you do not wish to record audio.
Step 4: Now click the Screenshare button in the left toolbox and select a desktop window that you wish to record for your screencast. Remember that if you using multiple virtual desktops, it will only show program windows that are active on the current desktop.
Step 5: Click the Start Screenshare button to share your screen and then click Start Broadcast to start recording the screen. This is a private session so nobody can watch your broadcast while it is being recorded. When you are done with the recording, click the Stop Broadcast button and switch to the YouTube website.
That’s it. Go your YouTube video dashboard (youtube.com/my_videos) and you’ll see the new screencast video that you’ve just finished recording. You can download the video to your Google Drive or share it withe world.
The videos are recorded in 720p HD and this it would be a good idea to resize your desktop window to the 16:9 ratio before hitting the broadcast button
To create events directly from Chrome, write ‘make an appointment for’ followed by time or date of appointment. Et Voila, there’s your create event link! Click Create Event. Google will automatically create and instantly add that event to your calendar.
Goglogo – Create your OWN Google Search Page – Google Logo Maker – Google Logo Creator
In Google Chrome, if you press “S” while you right click on any image; it will do a reverse Google search. That means you’ll be able to see where that photo is, where it potentially originated and other photos that look alike.
Unsubscribe from unwanted emails and combine the rest into a daily digest by going to unroll.me!
Write in the Search Bar:
- Tip Calculator: You can ask Google to calculate the tip on dinner!
- Transformers release date: You can look up movie release dates in a jiffy.
- Pizza vs Hamburger: Trying to be healthy? Get help deciding what to eat.
- Flight 810 us airways: It can check on your flight for you.
- Sunrise Mexico: tell you the exact times of sunrise and sunset.
- Do a barrel roll: the browsers will turn 360 degrees!
- Tilt: you can make it lean over just a little bit
- Anagram: It will create anagrams out of the words you enter!
- Zerg Rush: Play a hidden game built into the search engine.
- Google Mirror? You’ve probably heard of “Google Mirror”? or probably “Google Pacman”? “Mirror Bing” ? “Google Guitar”?!?!?! These are basically a waste of time but we can’t admit they’re no fun! Type My Google in reverse elgoog for Google and im for my (because we can’t use ym as extension)… And here’s some fun stuff from Google: elgoog.im
- Set Alarm? To set an alarm, just type set timer for followed by a number of minutes or a specific hour you’d like an alert! Just make sure the volume is on!
- Specific Search? For a certain type of file for example a pdf document about music production, type music production filetype:pdf – Other operators that Google understands: intext:, allintext:, intitle:, allintitle:, inurl:, allinurl:, author:, location:, define:, time in:, translate:, link: …for example: time in Spain, intext:music production, inurl:musicfiles …etc
- Cricket Live Scores? Just type Cricket Live Score in search and this will return with complete live score of current matches!
Google has provided users with tools right within the Gmail inbox that can help keep your account secured. Here’s how it works:
Log into your Gmail account using a desktop browser. Scroll down to the bottom of your inbox and locate a link called “Details”. When you click on it, a pop-up window will appear, and it will show you a detailed list of the last ten times you – or anyone else –has accessed your account. It will also show you how and where it was viewed. You’ll know if the inbox was opened using an email app, browser, smartphone app and the IP address through which it was accessed.